Household Waste & Recycling
The following has been received from NSC
- St Peter’s Hospice – Long Ashton based. Collections for BS48, BS21 and BS20 – ‘Just giving’ scheme, donation for collection to go to charity. Click here www.stpetershospice.org/
- Weston Rotary (BS22, BS23, BS24, BS49) ‘Pines for Pounds’– donations for collection will go to Weston hospice https://register.enthuse.com/
ps/event/PinesforPounds2020 Limit of 300 trees.
- Noah’s Ark Zoo and Farm Wraxhall – 1000 repurposed for animal enrichment and the rest to be chipped to mulch for the zoo. There will be a drop off point for trees in the main car park. Limit of 2000 trees.
- Waste – Put your waste out on your collection and if it is not collected, leave it out the crews will return
- Food caddy and recycling – Put these out on your collection day, if they are not collected by 7pm, please take them back in and put them out again the following week on your normal collection day.
- Garden waste – NO GARDEN WASTE WILL BE COLLECTED BETWEEN 21st December and 15h January. Put it out on your usual day, if it is not taken please take it back in and put out again the following time a collection is due.
- Put bins and containers out by 7am on your collection day.
- If collections are missed from the whole street there is no need to report it as it will already be logged.
- Remove all packaging from inside cardboard boxes, flatten and fold to the length of your recycling box.
- Extra general waste that does not fit in your black bin will not be collected and should be taken to a recycling centre, or stored until your next collection.
- Please help neighbours who may have difficulties.