First Posted 15/05/20. Latest update 05/08/20
Information from NSC
From Monday 27 July we are removing the ‘one visit per month’ restriction.
You should only visit if it is absolutely necessary and you do not have coronavirus symptoms.
Waste from anyone with coronavirus should be double-bagged and tied securely and stored at home until at least 72 hours (three days) after symptoms have passed.
We’re operating a number plate entry system
We’re operating a number plate system at our recycling centres.
If the last number on your number plate is an odd number (for example: AB59 CDE) you can visit on a Monday, Thursday or Saturday.
If the last number on your number plate is an even number (for example: FG62 HIJ) you can visit on a Wednesday, Friday or Sunday.
Any number plate will be accepted on Tuesdays (Portishead closed). To keep queues to a minimum, if you visit on the wrong day you may be turned away
Only one person from each household should visit, unless you have mobility issues or a heavy item which required two people to load into the vehicle. In this case the same two people should unload into the skip. Staff will not be able to help.
Trailers can only access the recycling centres for the last hour of opening each day (Monday to Saturday).
Before visiting our recycling centres
Before visiting our recycling centres:
- check you are visiting on the correct day for your number plate
- check the opening times of your nearest centre and make use of the extended summer opening hours, if possible
- sort your items when you pack your car to save time when you get to the centre
- pack your vehicle carefully to maximise your visit
- use a mapping app with a live traffic layer so that you can see how busy the roads are near the centre
The usual restrictions apply to what you can bring but be aware that staff will not be able to help unload items.
When you arrive at the centre
When you arrive at one of our recycling centres you should:
- read all the signs to help you use the site safely
- be patient and respectful to staff on site and follow their instructions – delays are beyond their control
- stay in your vehicle until it is necessary to get out
- wear protective gloves to avoid injury and to protect yourself from infection
- follow social distancing – only one person should be at each skip at any time
After your visit
When you get home from the recycling centre you should wash your hands straight away.